Warsaw. One city, two faces
Tuesday 10 August 2021 (5 Days)
Each city has a place that is its showcase and a must-see on any trip.
In Warsaw, it’s the Old Town, entered on the UNESCO World Heritage List – it’s where the city’s heart has been beating for centuries. Skyscrapers rise above the red roofs of the Old Town. Historical buildings blend in harmoniously with modern architecture, and the city surprises us by revealing its second face.
Although Warsaw is one of the most rapidly developing cities in Europe with huge potential and extraordinary energy, its residents like to look back on its history and are able to skilfully combine tradition and modernity. When you look around the city, you will see that both of its sides permeate at every step in a surprising and unique way.
When you stroll along the Royal Route that links the former residences of Polish rulers, go down to the Vistula River to see the modern boulevards stretching between the Multimedia Fountain Park and the Copernicus Science Centre. During the summer, the city vibrates with life – the cafés and bars open up and dance parties and open-air concerts take place.
Meanwhile, the other shore retains its natural character, which is unique in Europe and delights all visitors. There you will find sandy beaches, bike paths and excellent conditions for water sports.
Almost half the area of the city is green. There are as many as 95 parks with Łazienki heading the list. In the summer, the famous Chopin Concerts take place in a unique outdoor setting, while in the historical interiors of the theatre founded by King Stanisław August you can hear music by contemporary composers.
Warsaw has a rich calendar of musical, cultural and sports events. Festivals, star concerts and outdoor exhibitions take place throughout the year.
Interactive museums will help you understand the history of the city. The Warsaw Rising Museum is dedicated to the event that shaped the contemporary face of the capital. The POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews, which received the prestigious title of European Museum of the Year 2016, shows the 1000-year-old Jewish presence in Warsaw, and at the same time is an excellent example of contemporary architecture.
The combination of tradition and modernity is also evident in the city’s architecture. An example of this is Hala Koszyki, a historic commercial building from the beginning of the 20th century, carefully restored, which now houses numerous bars and restaurants and is now one of Warsaw’s favourite culinary destinations.
Warsaw will positively surprise you in many ways.
Just give it a chance and book your trip with us now.
Children under 12 yrs: £399 (sharing with 2 adults)
Single Supplement: £150
Day 1- Depart East Midlands for Warsaw
Transfer to your hotel (approx. 45 minutes)
Day 2 – Day at Leisure or Optional Excursion
Day 3 - Day at Leisure or Optional Excursion
Day 4 - Day at Leisure or Optional Excursion
Day 5 – Transfer to Warsaw airport for return flights to East Midlands
5* Radisson Collection Hotel
Stay at our elegant hotel nestled in Warsaw’s business district, just steps away from the city’s attractive Old Town, cultural venues, and major offices.
A central hotel with stylish amenities
Each of the 311 rooms and suites feature contemporary furnishings with designer touches and conveniences like a minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, free Wi-Fi, and access to the on-site gym and spa..
Full of character and warmth, our hotel offers an exciting base from which to discover Warsaw. With modern event spaces to suit a range of capacities and functions, a delightful restaurant that celebrates local tradition, and a vibrant lobby bar, the Radisson Collection Hotel, Warsaw is the perfect entry point to Warsaw.
East Midlands – Warsaw – East Midlands
Outward 08h55 – 12h15
Return 13h20 – 14h55
All times shown are in the local times applicable to that country
Flight supplements: no other flight options
All prices and airports are subject to availability – routes can be reintroduced, cancelled or amended by the airline at any time.
1 x Small Cabin Bag (40x25x20cm)
See “Extras” for additional luggage with charges
Transfer Time: Approx. 90 mins
Top 10 Things to See or Do
1) Stroll along the Royal Mile
2) Laze in the 17th century Royal Łazienki Park
3) Visit one of the best interactive museums in Europe “The Museum of the Warsaw Uprising “
4) Visit the Royal Castle
5) Take a walk along the Vistula River
6) Visit another excellent newly opened museum “The Museum of the Polish Jews”
7) Sample the Best Chocolate in Poland
8) Admire the Views from the Top of the Palace of Culture and Science
9) Explore the Music of Chopin
10) Tour the Copernicus Science Museum
Day Excursions from Warsaw include
1. Kazimierz Dolny is an artistic hub based on the banks of the Vistula River, a short journey from central Warsaw.
2. Wilanow Palace is located in a suburb of Warsaw and will easily take an entire day to explore. Known as “the Little Versailles” locally, the palace is a great place to learn all about Poland’s architectural history.
3. The Mazovia region just outside of Warsaw City is a great place to experience the traditional folk culture of Poland. There are plenty of examples of local folk art in the museums across the area, particularly in the town of Lowicz which also acts as a gateway to Mazovia.
4. Located roughly halfway between Warsaw and Berlin, Poznan is steeped in Polish history and was the first capital of the country. As such, it is regarded by many Polish people as the city where the country was born.
5. Treblinka was an extermination camp located 100 kilometers (62 miles) away from Warsaw. Your transfer will take 1.5 hours from Warsaw, with the whole tour taking between 5-6 hours. The camp operated from July 1942 to October 1943, and killed 850,000 Jews from both central Poland and Europe.
Priority Boarding £30 return
1 small wheelie case(55x40x20cm)
10kg Check-In Luggage £34 return
20kg Check-In Luggage £60 return
In addition to the above you also have included 1 small bag (40x25x20cm) to take on board and placed under the seat in front of you
Door 2 Door Transfers
These are currently only available from Sheffield, Rotherham and Chesterfield areas
East Midlands Airport £75pp Return
Hotel Upgrades – see Accommodation
Room Upgrades – see Accommodation
Optional Excursions – Further details will be e mailed to you approximately 3 months prior to departure
Add-Ons – not available for all tours
Special Assistance - If this is required at the airport please notify us when booking